Learn SEO techniques are changing day by day in this age of digitization and the worst thing is that you might not even know the advanced SEO techniques and strategies to grab the attention of your target audience. It may affect the ranking of your website unless you implement these strategies tactically. Yet Google has not updated its major algorithm in 2017 as compared to 2016 when big changes were made in AdWords, Possum, Mobile-Friendliness update, the advent of Penguin 4.0 and others. You need to understand latest SEO concepts and trends to create the best user experience possible and to rule online in 2018. But the problem is that most of us aren’t even sure which is the factually correct technique to market your online business is to be found at the top of Google’s search engine through an organic search In today’s rapidly shifting world. So, we need to learn SEO advanced strategies to improve your website’s optimization incredibly in 2018. But, don’t worry and gear up to learn SEO’s latest trends as we have put together a comprehensive list for understanding the most efficient ways to learn SEO in 2018.
- Semantic Search
Now a day, Google consider a lot of factors like search context and intent to give you more relevant results despite matching the query to keywords. Semantic search has developed to understand the relation between the words and query context which makes the search engines much better to figure out what users really looking for. Semantic search is used for search engines to comprehend the natural language inquiries better to generate more relevant results against quires. It shows the contextual meaning of the word which is intent wants to know.
So if a user asks Google for “ Apple” without specifying anything else, we could assume that we are referring to the apple fruit but it is also a world’s most famous tech company. And therefore there would be a big different intent behind the same query. In the first instance, Google is not clear what the user is exactly looking for: as a primary option, Google will understand that user is looking for information about Apple iPhone and related searches because it makes sense as Apple is widely acknowledged around the globe and second most valuable company in the world. Therefore, Google gives you the results according to Apple that appears on the first page of Google. It shows that we need to tune our searching after getting the variety of results against our keywords. You can see the related searches at the end of the page which gives you broad options. Google shows you various results with no context but you can find desired information when you select what kind of “ Apple” you want to get results from Google. So, if you type ‘Apple fruit’ in the new search bar then this time it is crystal clear that Google knows well what you are looking for and responds directly to our query, those results will be related to Apple fruit instead of Apple iPhone. This in-depth search will give you much better ranking than tons of pages built for diverse keywords.
Here are some tips that how we build content for better semantic SEO:
- Select a broad topic that’s related to your target audience such as clothing brand might create a page about latest fashion and style trends of the current year.
- Create in-depth content that matches to searcher intent and other landing pages to fulfill the other quires that are relevant to the user intent.
- Ask queries that will help you distinguish searcher intent such as, clothing brand page might give you the information about “best summer fashion trends” or “stylish party dresses.”
- Use Google’s Knowledge Graph schema markup on an entity for your products and business products by entering your brand’s name into the Query field and execute it.
- Verify your social media accounts and feed more information in Google.
- Focus on creating comprehensive content and detailed guides including related long and short tail keywords wherever you need.
- Create a Wikidata entry and Wikipedia article for your brand/ business.
- User Intent and Keyword Research
If you want to appeal new user with your online visibility then you need to focus on the needs of the users and intent. User intent is most important because the main focus is on search terms and keywords when the user is seeking the specific product, brand or services.
- Mobile-First Indexing
In 2017, Google declared that mobile first indexing would be new standard for optimization. It’s clearly mean that your website ranking depends upon mobile version the of your website instead of desktop version. Mobile friendly websites increase the chance of web traffic approximately over 55% and that percentage is expected to increase in future. But the focus point which probably you not are known is that you need “mobile first indexing” now because the mobile-friendly website is not good enough anymore. This means you need to start working on mobile SEO first rather than considering your mobile as an aide of your desktop website.
Here are some tips that how can you improve your mobile SEO:
- First, you take the Mobile-Friendly Test.
- Take out-blocked resources
- Compress the uncompressed images on your website.
- Check incorrect redirects and broken links and fix them.
- Stamp out intrusive pop-ups
- Remove the interstitials.
- Audit your mobile site to find tags and structured data which can help you to optimize for mobile.
- Increase mobile usability like viewport, tap target size etc.
- Make your website super speedy
Expurgated all the unnecessary data on your website and your user would be gratified with high-speed loading pages.
- Machine Learning
Machine learning is relevant to semantic search and it’s a way to provide better results and make “educated predictions” for search engines about what confusing inquiries mean. It is an integral part of search engine ranking algorithms. Google declared that Rankbrain is their third most significant ranking indicator in 2016 which is machine learning system. Machine learning systems e.g. RankBrain observe user behavior to provide the best possible search results for the relevant keyword. Unluckily, what’s believed good for one inquiry might not be good enough for another, which makes this system very problematic to optimize for. You need to create strong resources when it comes to optimizing the semantic search.
- Switch website to Https & update old blog posts:
Switch your website from HTTP to https to protect the links, info on your website as Google preferably consider the secure websites. You should update and republish your existing web content with obligatory modifications to escalate the organic traffic to your website.
- Featured Snippets
Featured snippets are introduced by Google to their SERPs (Search Engine Result Page) to give highly researched, short, fact-based results to the users against their simple questions. In other words, Featured Snippets give you simple answers by examining tons of web pages to answer the quires e.g. “how to make a website” or when was the SEO introduced.” Actually, Google’s objective is to create results in real-time through images, videos, lists, and even text so that you can search results without clicking on a URL.
Featured snippets conquer the desired “position zero,” which means that they come first top ranked sites in SERPs (Search Engine Result Page).
Around 30% of featured snippet links rank organically as top position, however, the rest are taken from websites ranking between rating/position 2 to 5 according to STAT research publication.
Here are some useful tips that how to compete for featured snippets with content:
- Search out the featured snippet layouts relevant to your niche. Check what’s ranking e.g. videos, tables, bulleted lists and ponder how to build an analogous resource.
- Do keyword research to focus related quires that you could respond with simple facts to how, what, when, why, where, and who questions.
- Provide well-researched answers to the questions on the top of the page if possible.
- Create interesting resources to answer these inquiries such as a makeup artist might build a website to answer “how do you get a makeover at Sephora” whereas a chef and restaurateur might address “what are basic ingredients for coffee frappuccino”).
- Elaborate your answer with little extra explanations. Make the stronger resource you can to reply follow-up quires on the similar topic by the users.
- Virtual Assistants & Voice Search
The rising trend to learn SEO concepts is virtual assistants and voice search as according to Google 40% of adults and 55% of teens users use voice search daily. This includes Alexa, Cortana, and Siri and it is widely used in mobile devices because users want quick answers to their questions. And, VoiceLabs claimed that in 2017, 33 million voice-first devices are in use these days such as Google home, Amazon Echo etc. A user could have already put simple quires like “when will be the next El Clásico match” when you want to watch the fierce rivals in the ground, but it won’t be long before voice search and virtual assistants are often answerable for booking and buying match tickets. You need to know first that why and how voice search is used when it comes to optimization through it. Approximately, 25% information quires came from voice search in last year. It offers prompt answers to the simple quires like featured snippets. Here are some suggested tips to optimize your content for virtual assistant and voice search.
Use the tools for social media listening to discover the references to your products and brand.
- Approach FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions) using exclusive landing pages or wide-ranging FAQ pages that request to semantic search.
- Maintain your Google My Business listing and prefer long-tail keywords to optimize the natural language inquiries.
- Use structured data markup to offer voice search and virtual assistants more data about your website.
The future of SEO seems truly interesting as we have moved entirely away from filling the right keyword into a blog description and headed for giving greater and much better practices for the users through optimized content. We speculate that 2018 embraces an even bigger move toward virtual intelligence, voice search, and mobile than we observed in 2017. The greatest ways to meet that rising surge is to twice over on super high-quality content and perpetuate thrusting for engaging deeper content than ever before. Hope, you get the idea that what is the efficient way to learn SEO with latest trends in 2018, implement these strategies to rank your website and give us your feedback in comment section below.
- Learn SEO in 2018: 8 Most Important Points You Must Know - January 9, 2018
- Udemy Free Courses – 100% Working Trick – Gift Udemy Courses - January 5, 2018
- From Disbelief To Belief – Is Internet Business An Artificial? - June 1, 2017
- Google Updates in 2017 - May 11, 2017
- How to Make Money Online - April 8, 2017
- What is Affiliate Marketing - April 2, 2017
- Should You Buy Back Links? - March 31, 2017
- What is SEO? How it really works? - March 31, 2017
- Top 30 USA Classified List - March 8, 2017
- How To Find The High DA/PA Web 2.0 Blogs - March 5, 2017
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.